Here is a very useful expression: sem falta
Let’s see a few examples.
1. Preciso terminar este relatório hoje, sem falta!
= I need to finish this report today, without fail! (picture above)
- Check out our lesson about the Verb Precisar: How to Say What You Need
2. Amanhã é aniversário da Milena. Tenho que ligar pra ela, sem falta.
= Tomorrow is Milena’s birthday. I have to call her, without fail.
- Get ready for the party! Check out our lesson: Birthday Vocabulary and the Brazilian Birthday Song
3. Desculpe. Esqueci de trazer o seu livro. Trago amanhã, sem falta.
= Sorry. I forgot to bring your book. I will bring it tomorrow without fail.
- Check out our lesson: Trazer vs Levar, Do I Bring or Do I Take – Differences in Use
4. O show de Luisa Maita é na semana que vem. A gente tem que comprar os ingressos hoje, sem falta.
= Luisa Maita’s concert is this coming week. We absolutely need to buy our tickets today.
- Check out video lesson: To Get – Pegar vs. Comprar
- Do you know Luisa Maita? Check out our blog post + translated lyrics: Luisa Maita – Street Smart Brazilian Music
- Make your Portuguese even smarter with our lesson about the use of A Gente
5. Precisamos ter brigadeiro na festa, sem falta.
= We absolutely need to have brigadeiro at the party.
- Learn how to cook delicious brigadeiros, Brazil’s favorite party treat, with our step-by-step, easy-to-make recipe
Schedule your Portuguese Demo Lesson.
Street Smart Brazil offers one-on-one and group classes online via webcam. We have a fantastic team of tutors, exclusive class materials, and complete programs from absolute beginner to fluent. See what our customers are saying.
Leave a Reply