- Jantar (noun) = Dinner
- Jantar (verb) = To have dinner
As a noun, dinner is a masculine word: o jantar.
Here are a few examples using jantar as a noun:
- O jantar está pronto. (Dinner is ready)
- O jantar está servido. (Dinner is served)
- O jantar estava uma delícia. (Dinner was delicious)
Below are examples using jantar as a verb:
- Estou com fome. Vou jantar. (I am hungry. I’m going to have dinner)
- Você já jantou? (Did you have dinner yet?)
- Marina e eu fomos jantar fora ontem. (Marina and I went out for dinner yesterday)
Notice in the last example that:
- jantar fora = dine out or go out for dinner
Street Smart Brazil offers one-on-one and group classes online via webcam. We have a fantastic team of tutors, exclusive class materials, and complete programs from absolute beginner to fluent. See what our customers are saying.