Our lesson today is about the irregular verb Ter.
- Ter = To Have in English.
I will teach you the conjugation of Ter in the present tense (presente do indicativo) and will give you lots of pronunciation tips. The pronunciation tips will work for your Brazilian Portuguese in general, not just for this verb. At the end of this post you will find practice exercises.
In our next lesson, I will teach you to use the verb Ter to say things like “I have to work today”.
Because this lesson focuses on pronunciation, I am not giving you a literal transcript of the video. For reference, here is the conjugation of Ter in the present tense:
|Verb Ter, Present Tense|
|A gente tem|
Here is your video lesson:
Flashcard App to Help You Practice
I hope this lesson will help you in your brazilian portuguese journey. For lots of additional practice, check out our Flashcard App for Android. Set 1 is FREE and is also available for Kindle Fire. It covers the present tense of four irregular verbs Ser, Estar, Ir and Ter. The app offers you 50 cards with each of these power verbs.
In the Google Play Store you will find additional sets of cards with different verb conjugations. To learn more about the app, please watch this video:
Complete the sentences with the appropriate conjugation of Ter in the present tense. To learn new vocabulary, use this online Portuguese-English dictionary:
1. João _______________ um cachorro.
2. Eu __________________ um carro vermelho.
3. Renata __________________ um livro.
4. Eu _______________ muita energia.
5. Nós ___________________ muitos amigos.
6. Dani e Clara ____________________ uma bicicleta.
ANA: Fabiana ____________________ dinheiro, né??
MARIA: ____________, sim. Fabiana ______________ muito dinheiro.
8. Este supermercado ________________ muitas frutas frescas.
9. Eu __________________ pressa. Não ___________________ tempo.
10. Nós __________________ muita sorte.
11. Cristina ____________________ vinte e nove anos.
12. Este shopping ___________________ lojas ótimas.
7. tem; tem, tem
9. tenho, tenho
Street Smart Brazil offers one-on-one and group classes online via webcam. We have a fantastic team of tutors, exclusive class materials, and complete programs from absolute beginner to fluent. See what our customers are saying.