Do you like to cook and entertain? In this Portuguese lesson you will learn a lot of kitchen vocabulary in Portuguese. I also give you pronunciation tips in the video. These tips will benefit your Portuguese in general, of course, not only your kitchen vocabulary.
46 Things in the Kitchen in Portuguese
Well, the list actually includes a few verbs, so it is not all about things in the end.
- a cozinha = kitchen
- o garfo = fork
- a faca = knife
- a colher = spoon
- os talheres = cutlery
- o porta-talheres = cutlery holder
- a colher de pau = wooden spoon
- a espátula = spatula
- o prato = plate
- a tigela = bowl
- o pires = saucer
- a xícara = cup
- o copo = glass
- a taça = glass (wine), flute (champagne)
- a caneca = mug
- a louça = dinnerware
- lavar a louça = to do/wash the dishes
- lavar os pratos = to do/wash the dishes
- a máquina de lavar louça = dishwasher
- o lava-louça = dishwasher
- o armário = cupboard
- o balcão = counter
- o fogão = stove
- o forno = oven
- o forno de microondas = microwave oven
- a panela = pots and pans
- a tampa da panela = lid
- a frigideira = frying pan
- a geladeira = refrigerator
- o refrigerador = refrigerator
- o congelador = freezer
- a garrafa = bottle
- a chaleira = kettle
- a cafeteira = coffee maker
- a prensa francesa = french press
- o bule = teapot, coffeepot
- a torradeira = toaster
- o liquidificador = blender
- a pia = sink
- a torneira = tap
- o escorredor de pratos = dish rack
- o escorredor de macarrão = colander
- a despensa = pantry
- a tábua de cortar = cutting board
- o ralador = grater
- o avental = apron
Now you can organize a dinner party with your Portuguese-speaking friends and plan to cook in Portuguese with them 🙂
Like Brazilian food? Amazon has great Brazilian food cookbooks. Here are a few suggestions.
Brazilian fast food: learn about Podrão and X-Tudo!
Click here to book a Trial Lesson!
jose paul pattathil
It’s very helpful and I like the way you teach
I got friend from Brazil at work and I believe that thanks to your blog I will surprise him with my portuguese. I like this language and I want to learn few words, which are useful in daily rutines 🙂 Thanks!
Thank you for sharing this! I hope you and your friend have fun speaking Portuguese!