We have just launched our first Android phone app! How exciting!!!
Mastering verb conjugation is often the biggest challenge for students of Portuguese. Imagine a simple-to-use app that could help you practice verb conjugation while building vocabulary and improving your command of gender, articles, and prepositions.
This flashcard set of 200 complete sentences will do just that for you!
Our flashcards are created by professional instructors from Street Smart Brazil to help you practice & memorize verb conjugation while building vocabulary and improving your general grammar.
This first set covers the present indicative tense (simple pres of four power verbs:
- Ter, including the construction To have to, such as in “You have to get this app.”
- Ir, including its use for express immediate future, as in “You’re going to love this.”
What’s Special in our Flashcards
To offer you a deeper learning experience, our cards contain complete sentences and are presented with the English version first.
Your challenge is not only to conjugate the verb correctly, but also to master all the elements that make your statements correct and your communication effective.
This set of cards brings 50 sentences for each of the verbs above. The sentences are distributed among the conjugations for eu, você (ele, ela), nós, vocês (eles, elas) to give you enough practice of each.
As you practice the conjugation of these power verbs, you will also:
- Learn when to use Ser and when to use Estar
- Add useful phases to your repertoir
- Build vocabulary that includes family, profession, nationalities, adjectives, and colloquial Brazilian Portuguese expressions
- Learn to use the present tense of the verb Ir to talk about the immediate future (e.g., “You’re going to love this”)
- Learn to use the verb Ter in the construction “I have to get this”
- Observe the use of articles and prepositions
How You Learn
Say the app gives you the sentence:
Your challenge is to translate it to Portuguese. Look how much you will learn from just one sentence:
- Learn to ask questions
- Practice the conjugation of the verb Ter
- Use the construction To have to do something
- Build useful vocabulary that includes verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
I am confident that this will be a great learning experience for you.
This app was built in partnership with John Kern, a Street Smart Brazil student and supporter.
It’s a free app. What are you waiting for? Download it on your Android phone now!
Street Smart Brazil offers one-on-one and group classes online via webcam. We have a fantastic team of tutors, exclusive class materials, and complete programs from absolute beginner to fluent. See what our customers are saying.