Carl and I went to visit his sister in Sunnyvale, and Carl saw his old bike from when he was 10. Yeap, really old bike. It made me think of this expression:
- Cair aos pedaços = to fall apart, to fall to pieces
Let’s see a few examples:
- A casa está caindo aos pedaços = The house is falling apart. (picture)
- Tenho trabalhado muito e não tenho dormido bem. Estou caindo aos pedaços. = I have been working a lot and haven’t been sleeping well. I am falling apart (exhausted).
- O casamento de Francisco está caindo aos pedaços. = Francisco marriage is falling apart.
- Não viajo nesse carro de jeito nenhum. Está caindo aos pedaços! = There is no way I am going to travel in this car. It is falling to pieces!
Street Smart Brazil offers one-on-one and group classes online via webcam. We have a fantastic team of tutors, exclusive class materials, and complete programs from absolute beginner to fluent. See what our customers are saying.